Wild Irises, shot along a walking path at Yaquina Head Lighthouse. First the original. The after, along with steps taken, is below.
The idea came from a Topaz Flicker group and I modified the steps. Here’s what I did:
1. Duplicated the background layer.
2. Topaz Adjust / Spicify set to default settings. Click okay/
3. In PS, layer opacity set to 65 or there abouts
4. Duplicated background layer, moved to top. Topaz Simplify / BuzSim set to default settings, accept/click okay.
5. Oval marquee tool, set feather to 20. Selected area with irises, select inverse.
6. Copied selected area to new layer (command-J on Mac), layer mode to darken.
7. I copied (command-J) the selected area to a new layer and set mode to darken.
8. Deleted “BuzSim” layer and flattened all the layers.